On Wed, 2005-03-30 at 10:39 +0100, Steve wrote:
> Nick Rout wrote:
>
> >What you are doing wrong is that you are not reading the procmail
> >documentation :)
> >
> >To deliver to a maildir you need to add a / at the end of the directory
> >name like:
> >
> >:0:
> >* ^Subject:.*aardvark
> >Aardvark/
> >

> >Otherwise it does the standard deliver to mbox.
> >

> In one!
> Thanks (everyone) -- I wonder why this gem is so well hidden in most
> docs? Hmmm.

Pleased to be of help :-)

By the way in this stanza:

:0:
* ^Subject:.*aardvark
Aardvark/

you do not need the second ":" in ":0:"

The second ":" says "create a lock file so that nothing else interferes
with writing to the target file" You don't need that with maildir,
because nothing else will have reason to write to the file. You need it
for mbox, because its a folder in one file, and all sorts of programs
may access the mbox, including procmail making the next delivery.