> Hi there,
> May I suggest that you run "emerge --depclean -vp" to see what will be
> removed,
> maybe you'll see that you don't need to run this after all.
> The message that comes up when doing this is very descriptive on what to do if
> a package suddenly breaks because of a missing library.
>
> AFAIK "revdep-rebuild" will get you all those packages that are needed
> but missing.
>
> I have not yest used "fixpackages"
>
> Regards,
>
> -AR

I'm having some trouble with revdep-rebuild.  I read the suggestions
below but I can't quite decipher them.  I tried to emerge lib-compat
manually but it didn't help.

"
All prepared. Starting rebuild...
emerge --oneshot --nodeps  =media-libs/xine-lib-1_rc8-r1
=sys-libs/lib-compat-1.3 =xfce-extra/xfce4-fsguard-0.2.0
Calculating dependencies -
emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy "=sys-libs/lib-compat-1.3".

Result is not OK, you have following choices:
- if emerge failed during build, fix the problems and re-run revdep-rebuild
    or
- use -X or --package-names as first argument (try to rebuild package, not exact
  ebuild - ignores SLOT!)
    or
- set ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~<your platform>" and/or /etc/portage/package.unmask
  (and remove /root/.revdep-rebuild.5_order to be evaluated again)
    or
- modify the above emerge command and run it manually
    or
- compile or unmerge unsatisfied packages manually, remove temporary files and
  try again (you can edit package/ebuild list first)
"

- Grant