On Wed, Mar 30, 2005 at 01:30:10PM +1000, Robert S wrote
> I have a gentoo amd64 system with a number of servers running and KDE.
> I'd like to get rid of blackdown-jdk to free up disk space, and I don't
> use it.
>
> When I do $ equery depends blackdown-jdk I get:
> [ Searching for packages depending on blackdown-jdk... ]
> $
>
> (ie. nothing depends on it).  If I unmerge it and do revdep-rebuild it
> doesn't reinstall it, but if I do emerge world -Du, it gets reinstalled.
>
> Is it necessary to have blackdown-jdk?  Which USE flag can I get rid of to
> prevent it from being installed?

  Do you have the latest Open Office installed?  It demands Java.  See...

http://software.newsforge.com/software/05/03/22/204244.shtml?tid=93

Kind of scarey.

--
Walter Dnes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
An infinite number of monkeys pounding away on keyboards will