> > This mailing list has gone goddamned crazy for the
> last few months. I am sick of it, I try to
> contribute, yet I am flooded with idiots posting
> > messages twice (once to gentoo-user@gentoo.org and
> once to [EMAIL PROTECTED])
>
> That's because people doesn't know how to use their
> mail client and/or
> watching the screen before typing 'send', that issue
> has been widely
> discussed.

Outta be a gentoo-userFAQ, reqd reading for noobs.
Been learning by trial&error. eg, I hacked the double
posting prob by remembering to excise the 2nd address
in the To: field -- not something I've ever had to do
in a list before. It may have been discussed already
but someone approaching the list for the first time
would be unaware of it.