I just completed a stage1 install from the minimal 2005.0 livecd on a box that will be used as a web server. I boot without incident, run ifconfig and get a perfectly suitable response, can ping my router successfully but, attempting to reach the web, get unknown host errors.

The setup here is almost trite: Three workstations with dynamic addresses behind an ADSL router/switch which doubles as a dhcp server, and the webserver mentioned earlier with a static address outside the range authorized for dynamic service and with port 80 forwarded. I have /etc/conf.d/net with iface_eth0="192,168.1.44 Broadcast 192.168.0.255 NetMask 255.255.255.0" and gateway enabled at 192.168.1.1. /etc/resolv.conf shows proper nameserver numbers.

I don't get it. The workstations all reach the web without difficulty. But the webserver, nothing but unknown host errors. This same machine was working just fine before the latest install with the very same configuration. Some help please.

jlowell