Grant ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) scribbled:
> > By any chance can you point me at documentation which explains what
> > facilities are presented by ath_hal and wlan (as a previous post
> > suggests these two aren't strictly necessary.)  Is it possible that
> > ath_hal and wlan are loaded anyway as dependencies of ath_pci?
>
> I think that's exactly what happens.  The only module I autload is
> ath_pci and it works perfectly.

aha?  In you kernel .config, what is CONFIG_KMOD set to?  If set, it
allows the kernel to autoload modules as needed, for example, when they
are dependencies of ath_pci.ko ...  If unset, and wlan.ko isn't listed
first in /etc/modules.autoload.d/kernel-2.6, this could be the problem.

I think it's under:

Loadable Module Support -> Automatic kernel module loading

Cooper.