krzaq wrote:

On Apr 4, 2005 7:29 AM, Colin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[...]

So distcc sounds perfect for my situation! I've got three computers,
counting the new one, connected to each other via a 10 Mbps switch.
One's my Windows box (P4C 3.0 GHz, 512 MB RAM, 512 MB swap). The
Windows box has to stay in Windows XP (SP2) to give all computers
Internet access (the Wi-Fi adapter is a "Win-NIC"). I've heard there
are Linux distros that run on top of Windows (or there's always Cygwin);
would this work?

I assume you have a running gentoo on the windoze box .

No, I don't. (Wish I did, though.) Gentoo 2004.3 won't install on it (issues with the hard drive controller?). I'm downloading 2005.0 to see if that'll work.

--
Colin
Webmaster, Zeonline <http://www.zeonline.net/>