On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 20:39:02 -0500
Harry Putnam wrote:

> Robert S <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > I don't know if this is relevant, but you can compile sendmail with or
> > without the mbox USE flag - I think that that determines whether mail
> > goes to maildir or not:
>
> [...]
>
> Appears to be very relevant ... thanks.  My use flag for mbox was
>  - - mbox : Adds support for mbox (/var/spool/mail) style mail spools>
> So, apparently that is my problem.
>
> I'm still just learning the emerge/portage setup so not really sure
> how to redo that.  Does one have to change basic USE flag setting
> somewhere or can they be set at emerge time?
>
> If so can you show a simple example?

Before you go recompiling anything, or changing your configs, tell us
what is your local delivery agent (LDA)?

Many setups do not have sendmail or postfix actually delivering local
mail, they pass it off to procmail or similar. If procmail is delivering yourr
mail, you need to change procmail, not sendmail.

Also are you sure you really want to go to mbox? it is in most ways
inferior.