On Apr 6, 2005 5:32 AM, Matthew Marlowe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Netgear used to make decent network cards, but that stopped 3-4 years ago.
To my knowledge, linksys and dlink never had a great reputation to begin
with.

Usually our Netgear stuff works. What actually broke was DLink switches. We were happily working along with our DLink switches until we installed MS SQL 2000 Server. It totally broke them. Apparently (?) SQL Server generates so much traffic that the DLink switches couldn't cope with it (the only change we did was install SQL 2000 Server). We had to switch to 3Com (and if these break it's Cisco I suppose).
My horror story is with LG I don't touch anything they make anymore (my previous employer had countless problems with a PBX, and thinking that was a fluke I bought 5 LG 17" screens - all broke within a year).

Regards,

Martin S