On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 16:03:53 -0400, Eric S. Johansson wrote:

> Seriously, I have a half a dozen machines running here and the fact that
> I have to spend hours every couple of weeks to update

Why does it take hours to type "emerge world -uavD", review the results
and press Enter? Gentoo is a prime example of why the command line can be
more efficient than a GUI.

But then, I used to use urpmi with Mandrake rather than the "simpler"
rpmdrake (will that be rpmdriva now?). There are plenty of distros that
offer GUI configuration and installation options. What would be the point
of Gentoo trying to copy them?

If someone wants to write a, for example, XOrg config tool, it would be
useful to all Linux users, this is not something that needs to be
Gentoo-specific.

--
Neil Bothwick

Top Oxymorons Number 35: Legally drunk