Colin wrote:
> Ran the command "cat /proc/cpuinfo" while waiting for stage2 to fetch
> all the sources, and apparently, my Pentium MMX (200 MHz) has got
> something called the F00F bug.  I Googled it and it seems pretty
> serious.  By Gentoo identifying the bug, I assume it's also got a
> workaround built-in; correct me if I'm wrong.

It's actually the kernel that detected it and not Gentoo, but that's semantics.
IIRC from the last Pentium box I had (it's been a while), you'll see a line in
the kernel messages (dmesg) that says it's enabling a workaround.

--
Andrew Gaffney                            http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
Gentoo Linux Developer                                   Installer Project