Bastian Balthazar Bux wrote:
Matthew Cline wrote:

I recommend using genkernel for creating a kernel. You still have to
deal with configuring yourself, but then Gentoo deals with the compile
and moving the kernel around and such.

What's wrong with make && make modules_install && make install?

probably that you forget 50% of the times the
# mount /boot
;) (I've started to mount it read only so at least an error came up)

I always leave it mounted since it makes little real difference security wise. seriously, what does it protects you against when a compromise can probably also mount it then unmount it again as a courtesy

-- http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/13.03/view.html?pg=5

The result of the duopoly that currently defines "competition" is that
prices and service suck. We're the world's leader in Internet
technology - except that we're not.