On Tuesday 12 April 2005 11:51 pm, W.Kenworthy wrote:
> One possibly severe disadvantage I can see is losing the whole tree due
> to corruption of the loop file (it happens).  Then again, it will be
> smaller and easier to backup!

I've been working with encrypted loops for a year or two now and haven't lost
one yet... I did have a client loose her encrypt-key once though... :') Oh
well...

I found another part of portage that I added into a loop.
Under /var/cache/edb, portage keeps a list of dependence data that get's
searched when working with emerge... Also, the esearch utility uses the same
directory.

I now have the entire conversion process committed to a bash script... I'll
start some simple bench marks tomorrow if I can.

Cheers all and good night.