帅哥:->代小飞 wrote:

> Richard Fish wrote:
>
>>帅哥:->代小飞 wrote:
>>
>>>HI;
>>>I use the HP omin book to install the gentoo linux;
>>>when I use the console in the system, the console's only the 600*480;
>>>I want the change the console to the whool screen(1024*768);
>>>of course ,I can set params in the gurb' configure file
>>>(/boot/gurb.conf),set "vga 1024*768",
>>>when I restart the computer,the consloe can reach the whole screen;But
>>>in this mode ,
>>>I can not use "startx",to use the X Server;
>>>I install the buffer frame gentoo-kernel ;
>>>
>>>any answer will be overcome!
>>>thanks!
>>>

>>What graphics chip? (ATI, Intel, ?) (see 'lspci')
>>
>>What is the error message in /var/log/Xorg.0.log?
>>
> I use the Intel-810 vedio card,
> no independence graphics chip,!
> in the /var/log/Xorg.0.log, It say the XServer has runed ;
> But ,I only run the console in the buffer frame ,no the XSever running;,
> maybe ,If run the console in the bufferframe ,must run the XServer in
> another local;?

I would suggest using the kernel i810fb driver. The documentation
(linux/Documentation/fb/intel810.txt) says it will work with the
XFree86/X.org Intel driver. You may have to reconfigure & rebuild your
kernel. Be sure to read the intel810.txt file in the kernel source,
especially section "D. Kernel booting".

-Richard