Oh, and then you have to copy /usr/src/<linuxdir>/arch/<cpu-type>/boot/bzImage to /boot, and add the new kernel to your grub or lilo.
If using an Intel or AMD (etc) cpu, and if you have your source-dir set as it should be, this is exactly:
cp /usr/src/linux/arch/i386/boot/bzImage /boot
and add the new kernel to your grub or lilo.
rgh

Al Bayrouni wrote:

Magnus Varmfors wrote:

Hi there!

I think it'd be CONFIG_BLK_DEV_LOOP, yes. But if you set it to "y",
it's compiled into kernel and isn't a module.

If you want it to be a module, set it to "m".

In menuconfig, it's Device Drivers -> Block Devices -> Loopback device support.

At least in 6.11.x.

Regards,

/M