Mrugesh Karnik wrote:

mudrii wrote:

Eugene Rosenzweig wrote:

 Pupeno wrote:

Is there any way to resume emerging ? I have a workstation which spent about 5 hours compiling OpenOffice and I had to turn it off, I'd like to continue building it (that's the idea behind make and incremental building, isn't it?).
Is it possible ?
If no, am I the only one whishing this ?
thank you.
-- Pupeno: [EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://pupeno.com
Reading Science Fiction ? http://sfreaders.com.ar

Use

emerge --resume

I've had to use emerge --resume a few times. But I've never had it resume a half-built package. It starts to build the package from scratch again. I could be wrong... But, any way to get over this? Someone mentioned ccache...

If you start compiling application with many smaller application like KDE emerge --resume it can be very useful but if you compile only one application it not helps you can use ccache as you mention but you need to install it emerge ccache and specify in make.conf space in that ccache will use for caching and for checking cache use ccache -s