Frédéric Grosshans wrote:

>I'll choose the simpler cronjob solution, thanks. Anyway, isn't that a
>kernel bug ? How sould I report this ?

Well, from googling around, it seems that a few seconds per day of drift
between the system clock and hardware clock is considered perfectly
normal, and the adjtimex/hwclock/cron solution is really the only option
for synchronizing the two, while NTP is the best solution.  Indeed the
normal case is for both system and hardware clocks to drift away from
the real time.

You mentioned you were behind a firewall and couldn't use NTP.  I am
curious, because most networks I have connected to have only disabled
NTP access if they provide an internal NTP server.  Have you asked the
network admins if there is an NTP server available?

-Richard