you probably want hylafax, its in portage, and I have had it going on a
gentoo box. I am yet to complete the project.

Also  a quick google found this:

http://www.linuxfocus.org/English/July2002/article249.shtml

If you look at the bit about how to process the faxes (the author prints them
and saves them in a backup directory) - you can change this to
email them to any email address.

I would change it to a pdf first, because pdf reading software seems to
be more ubiquitous than tiff reading software. ie, you are quite likely
to find acrobat reader in some random office/web cafe etc.