On 4/19/05, Mrugesh Karnik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> OK, I don't remember who it was, but just last week, someone mentioned
> using the feature "keeptmp" (the name could be wrong. I don't remember
> properly and strangly I've somehow not archived the mail :S ) in
> make.conf. That makes portage keep all the cache intact, but consumes a
> lot of hard disk space, especially if you're talking about OOo. Use this
> option with ccache and it'll resume the build "dynamically" .... or so
> have I heard!

To resume an emerge, I normally do as follows:
1-go to /var/tmp/portage/<package>/work/<package>
2-"make"
3-after make completes, I call ebuild directly passing 'install' as
argument, and then qmerge.

However, I don't know why (and haven't bothered to discover), mas
sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't. I guess there's something
in control files to tell portage in which stage it stopped.

--
Bruno Lustosa, aka Lofofora          | Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Network Administrator/Web Programmer | ICQ: 1406477