Lucien D. wrote:

>Section "Monitor"
>
>    Identifier  "MultiSync"
>    HorizSync   31.5 - 37.9
>    VertRefresh 50-70
>
>EndSection

Um, are you sure about the HorizSync and VertRefresh settings.  I can't
say for certain, but I'm pretty sure for 1024x768 you need a HorizSync
of something like 30-80.  And for 1600x1200, those look more like
"30-120" and "50-150". (*Do not* use these values! You *must* find the
actual HorizSync and VertRefresh capabilities of your monitor if you
need to change these).

But, you shouldn't really need to specify these anyway, because it can
be auto-detected on any modern system.  Try changing your Monitor
section to be just:

Section "Monitor"
    Identifier  "MultiSync"
EndSection

Or use the "X -configure" command to have X.org autodetect and create a
configuration file for you.

-Richard