fire-eyes wrote:
I would do this however one of them is built into the motherboard.

I found a document which claimed with grub all Ihad to do was
netdev=irq=24,name=eth0  however I tried this, a few variations, and
even used two netdev statements, one for each card and it still didn't
swap.

Yeesh, would think this was a trivial thing to pull off.

I've found this link

http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/BootPrompt-HOWTO-2.html

which uses ether= instead of netdev=

Worth a try?

--
Jonathan Wright <mail at djnauk dot co dot uk>
  Life has no meaning unless we can enjoy what we've been given