On Thu, 21 Apr 2005, Mark Knecht wrote:

> Yes, absolutely. They work, but they do not work as well as the
> kernels I get for my FC2 boxes from here:
>
> http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/
>
> That said I have not characterized the differences in a long time so
> maybe that's worth a day to see what the results end up looking like.
> However a real characterization would require patching some kernel
> (gentoo-sources?) with Ingo's patches and seeing what the differences
> are. Not sure if my skill set is up to that by myself.

I recently also came across this:

# esearch schedutils
[ Results for search key : schedutils ]
[ Applications found : 1 ]

*  sys-process/schedutils
      Latest version available: 1.1.0
      Latest version installed: [ Not Installed ]
      Size of downloaded files: 16 kB
      Homepage:    http://tech9.net/rml/schedutils
      License:     GPL-2

Dont know how useful they are but the web page says this:

schedutils is a suite of scheduler-related tools in the style of other
Linux utilities packages, like fileutils or sh-utils.
schedutils currently contains the following programs:

    * chrt - manipulate real-time policy and priority of tasks
    * taskset - manipulate task CPU affinity