Cosmin Nicolaescu wrote:

>Yes, that's exactly what I though about as i was browsing that page. This
>could be solved so much easier with a simple invoice that's lost somewhere
>in my room (perhaps).

For the processor, to check the FSB, look in the BIOS.  If you see "Ext.
Clock" reported as 200Mhz, your CPU has the 800MHz FSB.  100 and 133
would correspond to 400 and 533, respectively.

The 'ht' is for hyper-threading, but I think it relates to the core
capabilities of the chip, not what is actually enabled.  Possibly the
cpuid bits say the core is HT capable, but by cutting one more leads to
the MB the feature is actually disabled on chips where it is
'unsupported'.  You could easily have 2 processors, a 2Ghz and a 2.4Ghz,
based on the same core, made on the same assembly line.  But because the
yield for a "2.4 Ghz" processor is lower than the 2.0 Ghz, Intel
wants/has to charge more money for them.  So to further differentiate
and justify the price difference, the 2.0Ghz gets certain things cut
out, quite literally.

FYI, a similar thing will happen with the upcoming dual-core procs.  The
"Pentium D" and "Pentium Extreme Edition" will be based on the same
core, the same clock speeds, the main difference being the amount of
cache and presence (or lack thereof) HT.

BTW, I am not at all convinced that your motherboard is sane.  You said
previously that you couldn't find anything in the BIOS to enable/disable
hyperthreading.  But the BIOS *does* have an option for hyper-threading,
according to the AI7 PDF manual, it is the first option under "Advanced
BIOS Features".  If you don't have this, then you should double check
what BIOS you flashed the board with, because it may not have been the
right model.  Other than that, call ABIT, or return the motherboard for
a working one.

-Richard