On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 22:57:10 +1200, Nick Rout wrote:

> This one (not my original work) I liked:
>
> http://clug.net.nz/index.php/GentooTips

I like that one too. None of the scripts I saw dealt with a shared
distfiles directory, they deleted all files not used by the machine
running the script. My solution was a script that touched every file
required by all installed packages. Run it on every box then use find to
delete all distfiles files over a day old.

This idea of Jason's should be better, as long as I don't rm the
distfiles.old directory until all computers have run it.

--
Neil Bothwick

Without Time Everything Would Happen At Once!