I believe ivtv comes with a perl script that lets u change channels.
its called ptune.pl  and its in the utils dir of the source..  If u
compile from source u'll have to install the perl modules it relies on
which I believe are all in portage.  Video::Frequencies, Video::ivtv,
Config::IniFiles, and Getopt::Long