On Mon, Apr 25, 2005 at 12:08:25AM +0600, askar ... wrote:
> > humour me and post `iptables -L -v -t nat' to show the nat routing
> > table.
> The result is:
> Chain PREROUTING (policy ACCEPT 9193 packets, 593K bytes)
>  pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source
> destination
>
> Chain POSTROUTING (policy ACCEPT 5884 packets, 330K bytes)
>  pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source
> destination
>     0     0 MASQUERADE  all  --  any    eth1    anywhere             anywhere
>
> Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT 3789 packets, 230K bytes)
>  pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source
> destination
>
> > Since iptables is installed, I am assuming you turned on all the
> > relevant items in the kernel, recompiled, and booted etc etc...
> > (didn't see you mention that in your original mail, but I hope you
> > did that already).
> I followed the gentoo howto guide on home router items1-5.
> In item 2, Kernel setup, I installed as shown there, but instead check
> like "s" and "x", I chosed "*". And after recompiling I rebooted the
> system.

That's fine. Go to the Windows box, what IP address is it getting at
this moment? Host lookup works and that should mean the INPUT chain
on the iptables is fine. The problem should now be with only the
FORWARD chain. The only thing I can see happening is that the Windows
Box is not sending its packet using the accepted IP address range.

*   Address:  45 Spelman Hall, Princeton University  08544     *
*     Phone:  x68958                  AIM:  AngularJerk        *
*    E-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]    From:  sep.dynalias.net   *