Marc Schlienger wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I've got a notebook with Intel Pentium M processor (Dell Latitude D800) and
>experienced the following problem: There is a strange sound
>(beep-beep-beep ...) which seems to come from the processor. C

I also have strange beeping sounds on my Dell Pentium M laptop
sometimes. (Especially once when I booted with the kernel parameter
init=/bin/bash because of a Gentoo problem. Then it was a constant
beep.) Now the problem has not appeared for a few days. It helps to hold
down an arrow key, but when it is released, the beep comes back. Very
strange...