On 4/26/05, askar ... <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > thinks
> > > eth1.
> Here I remembered words of gentoo howto guide 'Warning: When the DSL
> interface comes up, it will create ppp0. Although your NIC is called
> eth1, the IP is actually bound to ppp0. From now on, when you see
> examples that utilize 'eth1', substitute with 'ppp0'. '.
> Does it mean, in iptables settings instead of eth1 I had to put ppp0?

These 2 lines of gentoo howto guide:
# iptables -A FORWARD -i eth1 -d 192.168.0.0/255.255.0.0 -j ACCEPT
# iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth1 -j MASQUERADE
instead of eth1 I put ppp0. And now I can use the internet from WindowsBOX. :)
Here I put the result of #iptables -L -v:
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT 2827K packets, 4031M bytes)
 pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source
destination
   92 27799 ACCEPT     all  --  lo     any     anywhere
anywhere
  115 25281 ACCEPT     all  --  eth0   any     anywhere
anywhere
    0     0 REJECT     udp  --  !eth0  any     anywhere
anywhere            udp dpt:bootps reject-with icmp-port-unreachable
    0     0 REJECT     udp  --  !eth0  any     anywhere
anywhere            udp dpt:domain reject-with icmp-port-unreachable
    0     0 DROP       tcp  --  !eth0  any     anywhere
anywhere            tcp dpts:0:1023
    0     0 DROP       udp  --  !eth0  any     anywhere
anywhere            udp dpts:0:1023
    0     0 ACCEPT     tcp  --  ppp0   any     anywhere
anywhere            tcp dpt:ssh

Chain FORWARD (policy DROP 764 packets, 33352 bytes)
 pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source
destination
    0     0 DROP       all  --  eth0   any     anywhere
192.168.0.0/16
  410 42004 ACCEPT     all  --  eth0   any     192.168.0.0/16
anywhere
  453  199K ACCEPT     all  --  ppp0   any     anywhere
192.168.0.0/16

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT 3985K packets, 3831M bytes)
 pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source               destination

askar