Jan,
   I think this is the same thing I want to know about. I run Gentoo
but want to try running it on my XBox. In general I am guessing we
handle it jsut like a normal install. Make a directory that will
represent the root of the new system, then chroot into it and work
only in there. That's just a guess though.

   I'm interested in hearing how to do it right.

- Mark