Neil Bothwick wrote:

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 02:56:36 -0400, Robert G. Hays wrote:

ah, glsa's makes a pretty good reason -- what I was referring to was the part about the portage stuff getting whanged; wasn't *even* referring to compile-time!

Fair point. But if no one runs the bleeding edge stuff, it will never be
sufficiently tested for general use.
Neil Bothwick
Please Captain, not in front of the Klingons. * Spock

Also a fair point!

And I do duly appreciate the people who *do* get the latest stuff as fast as it's available, it's just that those who have a mission-critical computer should not be in that crowd, and IIRC, there were comments in this thread indicating that someone(s) might be in both groups -- soon I may have a down-capacity computer to try new stuff on without crippling my ability to earn a living, but 2 computers is the only way anyone should be in both groups ( always-newest & have-critical ).

(& i seem to have forgotten which episode that was -- gotta break down & buy the dvds someday.)

rgh.