Thanks, Neil! -- bookmarked 'em just now!
(now howinhell did i just type "beekmarked" ?!?!?) <puzzled-as-hell expression>

(Also I have an O'Reilly book or two, but the more the merrier!)

O'Reilly has the best books by far, but a couple of others also stand out:
Prentice-Hall/PTR :: Linux Desktop Reference (dated but good, especially for noobs)
Linux Press :: The Linux Cookbook (Noobs NEED this book!) (also freely downloadable, forgot url -- advantages to each [paper | bytes]

Thanks again!,
rgh.