On 14:48 Sat 07 May     , askar ... wrote:
> Thanks to everybody.
> I'll try.
>
> askar
>

> On 5/7/05, James Rubingh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~kdeeter/gentoo-jap-guide/
> > This is old, but for the most part works. I use canna and kinput2 and
> > it works fairly well for most regular things with fluxbox.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >  James Rubingh
> >

> > On 5/7/05, askar ... <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > Hello!
> > >
> > > I'm using Gentoo 2005.0, KDE and Fluxbox.
> > > I want to be able writing in japanese.
> > > Is there step-by-step setup guide for this.
> > > I looked at internet there some information, but each site has its own
> > > differences.
> > > I dont want to japanise everything - only japanese input needed.
> > > Also with Emacs.
> >
> > --

I am also using canna and kinput2. Since I don't need japanese input in
all my applications, I'm using two scripts to start kinput2 and an
application with japanese input enabled.

This one starts kinput2 with a connection to the canna server
(canna.sh):

#!/bin/bash
export XMODIFIERS='@im=kinput2'
export LANG=ja_JP.eucjp
export LC_ALL=ja_JP.eucjp
kinput2 -canna &

And this one starts the application you want with kinput2 support
(japan.sh):

#!/bin/bash
XMODIFIERS='@im=kinput2' [EMAIL PROTECTED] LANG=ja_JP.eucjp
LC_ALL=ja_JP.eucjp ${1+"$@"} &

(the last 2 lines are actually one long line)

So, when I need to write japanese text in openoffice, I only have to:
$ ~/canna.sh
$ ~/japan.sh oowriter
And then press shift+space to switch between the different input modes
supported by kinput2, space at the end of a word if I want to convert it
to kanjis and enter to choose between the different kanjis available.

I am not using KDE nor emacs but this should work for KDE applications
and XEmacs.

--
Nicolas Litchinko

BOFH Excuse #38: