Has anyone here managed to get gnome-power to play nice??

I tried the ebuild overlay from a gentoo dev (forgot URL) but it isn't
working.

This is hal-0.5.1.tar.gz

For one thing, the hal ebuild states I have to start hald but there
isn't an initscript with the ebuild and I start it by hand and nothing
happens(?)

I then tried to execute gnome-power-manager but it complains about

GNOME Power Manager 0.0.3 - Power Manager for GNOME desktop
Please report bugs to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

**** WARNING ****
Please use hal-cvs20050404 (or later) if you want APM batteries, UPS's
and Wireless mice and keyboards to work. This is due to bugs only fixed
recently in HAL.
APM and PMU batteries only work at coldplug and their values do not
auto-update.
Functionality in HAL will be added soon.
**** WARNING ****

*** [DIE] gpm.c:coldplug_devices():664 : Couldn't obtain list of
batteries

--
Ow Mun Heng
Gentoo/Linux on DELL D600 1.4Ghz