Hello,

I have chrooted dhcpd setup.  If I invoke it without start-stop-daemon
from the command line, it starts up normally.

If I do run /etc/init.d/dhcp restart, here's what I get (I turned off
--quiet in the start script):

[EMAIL PROTECTED] init.d # ./dhcp stop
 * ERROR:  "dhcp" has not yet been started.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] init.d # ./dhcp restart
 * Setting ownership on dhcpd.leases...                           [ ok ]
 * Starting chrooted dhcpd... /usr/sbin/dhcpd already running.    [ !! ]

But, if I 'kill -TERM' the process number from
/chroot/dhcp/var/run/dhcp/dhcpd.pid, it says there is No Such Process,
and the DHCPd server is not running.

Its kind of annoying because I've been making changes to dhcpd.conf.  I
have to type out the whole command line to restart dhcpd.

Does anyone know the solution to this problem or have some relevant
experience to share?

Thanks,

Mike