Hello,
   What can I read to understand what files are being used to create
the full virtuals picture on my x86 machines? There used to be
/etc/portage/profiles/virtuals which I think we could fix up by hand
if something needed to work a bit differently. However it now seems
that this is gone and there's a new (and somewhat complicated)
directory /usr/portage/profiles which has all the architecture
specific stuff in it plus more.

   I'm not clear what's getting used. Is it
default-x86-2004.2/virtuals? Is it that plus more on top some how?
(I.e. - the updates directory?) Or is it default-x86 or possibly
'linux'.

   What defines this specifically for each of my machines?

   I tried man virtuals which doesn't work. What do I read to get this straight.

Thanks,
Mark