On 5/13/05, Neil Bothwick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Fri, May 13, 2005 5:06 pm, Mark Knecht said:
>
> > My world file is 235 lines long. How screwed up is that really? How
> > long it yours?
>
> It's not thye length, it's the amount of unnecessary content. But the
> world file on my laptop is 139 lines.

Well, so far I've made it down to 182 lines with no negative impacts I
can see so far. The three commands I'm doing to make sure things are
consistent are:

emerge --update --deep --newuse -pv world
emerge -p --depclean
revdep-rebuild -p

I've gone around the loop iterating through this a number of times.
The only thing that isn't clean is openoffice-bin in revdep-rebuild
which seems to be a known issue.

There are still a number of things in the world file that could
possibly be taken out. You're command outputs 107 lines so there's
still a pretty big difference between what I have right now and where
I might get to over time.

Anyway, I feel better about the progress I've made in this
area.Tthanks for the help with that.

cheers,
Mark