On Thu, 19 May 2005 01:51:23 +0000 (UTC) James
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
| OK, but this begs another question.

No, dammit! It does *not* beg another question.

Sorry. Pet hate there.

| In general when you do not know what package contains a tool you need,
| how do you discover the package name containing the tool?

Google it :) I heard a rumour that Marius was working on a program for
centrally tracking 'what everything installs', but I don't think it's
beyond the ideas phase yet. It's somewhat tricky to do, what with our
packages not having static content like other distros do.

--
Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Shell tools, Fluxbox, Cron)
Mail            : ciaranm at gentoo.org
Web             : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm