>     I've only done the discriminating based on other people's non use of
> Gentoo. :-)

My brother's father-in-law has just retired and spends all his time in
front of his computer. I have tried to get him onto linux but am a
little too far away to do it effectively. His son has a mate that is one
of those perfect gentoo wankers. "You won't be able to understand Linux"
(the f-in-l is an engineer, and a [EMAIL PROTECTED]' chess Master!!!). I tried
get him started with Mandrake but he ended up trying with fedora. No
success yet but I am going to go and sort him out this summer. The son's
mate could easily come around and sort his probs (mainly ISDN-related)
out with something that didn't require configuring a kernel but he
prefers to be the superior Gentoo man. "You just use windows - you're
too old to move to linux"...
I won't give you my opinion of this guy, cos there wouldn't be anyone on
this list who would have at least half the expletives I have used ;-).
Cheers
Antoine