Hello,

I’m new to the Linux world and have chosen Gentoo as my weapon of choice.  After compiling my kernel, and rebooting into my new Gentoo system, the keyboard seized to function.  I have compiled the USB Human Interface option into the kernel … the keyboard functioned perfectly when I booted with the Universal CD.  Obviously I’m missing something … any help will be appreciated.

Then just on a general note … I earn my living as a MS windows developer and must say that Gentoo/Linux have rekindled my interest, I feel like a kid again … cant wait to get back home in the evening and crank up my computer and play around.  Linux is alive; I really hope that I will be able to make a living out of OpenSource in the not too distant future …

Thanks,

Hendré.

Disclaimer and confidentiality note

All contents within the e-mail including any attachments relating to the official business of Fruitways (Pty) Ltd is proprietary to the Company.  It is confidential, legally privileged and protected by law.  Fruitways (Pty) Ltd does not own and endorse any other content.  Views and opinions are those of the sender unless clearly stated as being that of Fruitways (Pty) Ltd.

The information transmitted is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking any reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.  If you receive this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

Fruitways (Pty) Ltd can not assure that it is free of errors, virus, interception or interference.