On Sat, 2005-05-21 at 18:00 +0000, Sad Jack wrote:

> Thanks to eveyone who replied with suggestions.
>
> I have been able to mount the iso on /mnt/loop and copy the files. I
> have added my file and created a new iso.
>
> My difficulty now is to make it bootable. I have followed the link
> posted by Bill but the end bit about creating a bootable cd does not
> work for me.
>
> I have looked through k3b trying to find an option for creating a
> bootable cd but cannot find one.
>
> Can you offer any further help?
>
> Thanks again. I've learnt a bit more but need another nudge!

you need the -b and -c parameters to mkisofs. for example the command
used to generate the isos for gentoo install cd's goes like this:

mkisofs -J -R -l -o ../gentoo.iso -b isolinux/isolinux.bin -c
isolinux/boot.cat -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -z .

Notes:

1. I am not sure if you can specify this under k3b. mkisofs is used in
the background by k3b, but how these particular parameters are
referenced is unknown to me.

2. You need to figure out what mechanism is being used to boot the CD,
ie what files to pass to -b and -c. isolinux is a popular choice.

--
Nick Rout <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>