Johannes Weiner wrote:
On Mon, May 23, 2005 at 09:53:36AM +0200, Al Bayrouni wrote:

Hello,

I like gentoo but I hate to pass hours (sometimes days) for installing what I need.(celeron 2GH is not fast machine)

So my question is:

Is it possible to install only binaries (if they exist).

Thank you very much
Bayrouni.

What do you like Gentoo for then?

Ease of administration? That's my main reason, it's always been pretty straightforward.

I do not think that binaries are hosted anywhere, but I know that some people have local binary repositories. There is the gentoo GRP if you're just looking to get something up and running.

In my case it's building newer packages for older hardware using a newer machine...