Neil Bothwick schreef:
> On Tue, 24 May 2005 15:41:16 +0200, Holly Bostick wrote:
>

>>At this time, the GTK2 version is not useful to me without either a
>>plugin that is not yet available, or changing my mail system from POP3
>>to IMAP, and I hate GTK1 (it's just too ugly for me and I try to keep it
>>to the bare minimum), so that's all I know-- I have Sylpheed-Claws GTK2
>>installed, but haven't used it.
>

> What plugin do you need? I'm using 1.9.11 (by renaming the 1.9.9 ebuild)
> with POP3 with no problems.

I believe I need mailboxmdir-- I want to share my current mail folder
from my current Thunderbird with Sylpheed-Claws, until I determine if I
want to switch.

According to package.mask, the version of this plugin that works with
1.9.9 would be masked (and was masked during my original borked
install), but now does not appear in Portage at all, masked or otherwise.

This seemed to happen about the time the sylpheed-gtk2 package was
upgraded (like the day after I had installed it), so I assumed that the
plugin broke, and thus was removed.

But since I don't know what I'm doing in this regard, I could be wrong.
I did ask the list how to deal with this, and it was suggested to just
switch to IMAP, but I know even less about that :) .

Naturally, this whole thing is not urgent, as Thunderbird is working
fine for what I ask of it, but Sylpheed-Claws seems as if it might have
features that I definitely have noticed that Thunderbird lacks.

But I don't so much want to convert my current mailbox folder or have to
manage a copy of same, without knowing if the program suits me.

Holly