> OK, I but often I like to keep the older kernel versions and grup entries
> around for a while to test the differences in the various kernels. Won't
> this approach overwrite entries in grub or does it just make another
> entry? Some of my grub.conf files get pretty ugly...

My expeirence with using make install for the kernel has been that it
keeps around all old copies of the kernel, .config, and System.map
inside /boot. Also, it keeps two symlinks to the newest kernel and the
just-replaced kernel. So, you will always have a grub entry for the
new kernel and the just-replaced kernel, which presumably gives you an
easy fallback in case the new kernel fails.

Matt