This is a personal server (router/ftp/sftp/ssh home server), and I'm
the only one that uses SSH.  Changing the port, however "non-standard"
it may be, fixed my problem.  RSA auth is enabled by default in the
sshd server, by the way.

# cat /etc/ssh/sshd_config | grep RSAAuthentication
#RSAAuthentication yes
#RhostsRSAAuthentication no
# RhostsRSAAuthentication and HostbasedAuthentication

On 5/27/05, Kirk Strauser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Friday 27 May 2005 12:16, Bastian Balthazar Bux wrote:
>
> > Changing port is not about security, it save cpu (that can be true using
> > RSA auth only too).
>
> The question, though, is whether changing the port is worth the hassle.  If
> you're getting 1000 SSH attempts per day, and each connection takes .5
> seconds of CPU time to fail, then you have to decide whether it's worth 500
> seconds of saved time per day to move to a nonstandard setup.  That may
> very well be the case, but a lot of people would probably decide that it's
> not.
> --
> Kirk Strauser
> --