Patrick wrote:

>Hi,
>
>This is my first raid, i got it working without problems (i think) but my
>dmesg contains this:
>Is this a normal behaviour
>
>md: Autodetecting RAID arrays.
>md: autorun ...
>md: considering hdb13 ...
>md:  adding hdb13 ...
>md: hdb12 has different UUID to hdb13

Looks ok to me...

>md: created md9
>md: bind<hda13>
>md: bind<hdb13>
>md: running: <hdb13><hda13>
>raid1: raid set md9 active with 2 out of 2 mirrors

These are the only lines that really matter.

BTW, that is an awful lot of partitions.  There is nothing technically
wrong with that, but you might find it easier to setup only two RAID1
volumes...one for your root filesystem, and the other with LVM2 for
everything else.  The advantage of using LVM2 is that you create
'volumes' on the RAID array, rather than a partition on each disk, so
you don't have to worry about trying to get the size and type right for
each partition.  You also get the ability to resize them later if need
arises and your filesystem-of-choice supports it.

-Richard