--- Ow Mun Heng <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> In This case, how would one determine what IUSE
> values were used for the
> package said package then? How can one use to view
> this data?

#!/usr/bin/python
import sys
if len(sys.argv)!=2:
        print "usage: %s <tbz2 file>" % sys.argv[0]
        sys.exit(1)
sys.path = ["/usr/lib/portage/pym"]+sys.path
import xpak
mytbz2=xpak.tbz2(sys.argv[1])
myuse=mytbz2.getfile("IUSE")
print myuse

> I see. In such case, when we emerge -kv package will
> it list the IUSE
> flag which the package was compiled with?

/var/db/pkg/${CATEGORY}/${PN}-${PV}/IUSE

> Do you know off-hand w/o needing to compile it on
> one machine (with
> different use flags) and then use the package on
> another machine (which
> has a different USE flag) just to see the
> difference?

I'm not sure I understand the question.  You ant to
know if the USE flags are different depending on which
machine the package is compiled on?  Can you use the
above a variation of the above python script?

Zac