On Friday 03 June 2005 10:38, Jakub Krajcovic wrote:
> If you have any opinions / recommendations concernign this issue,
> please let me know. I am really interested in the gentoo users opinion,
> (and myself being a libra, i hope i will able to make up my mind :-))

I'd mirror, and LVM the 2 IDE disks for user data, and install the system on
the SCSI. If you can ever imagine it necessary to alter partition sizes for
the system, then LVM the SCSI disk too, but DON'T make it part of the same
vg, it's unnecessary and can cause major headaches in the event of a failure
or hardware moves.
Personally, I wouldn't LVM the SCSI disk as, if you can get your hands on
another disk at some point, it's relatively straight forward (from an livecd)
to convert your system partitions to RAID mirrors.

--
Mike Williams