Tom Wesley wrote:

> Of course if you're particularly adept at breaking your system, busybox
> may not work unless it is statically linked.
>
>  # echo sys-apps/busybox static >> /etc/portage/package.use
>
> Before you emerge it.

If busybox is being used as a rescue shell shouldn't it build in static
mode by default?  I've managed to break coreutils (ls, mv, cp etc) in
the past by destroying a library they linked against, I wouldn't like
that to happen with a rescue shell.  Perhaps a local 'busyboxstatic' USE
flag which defaults to being turned on would suit this better?

Alastair.