My world file seems remarkably long to me at 129 lines.
I know I've added some stuff, but many of these entries
ring no bells in my memory.

I think a big part of what has happened is that in various
throes of dealing with portage, I've emerged particular
things without the --oneshot flag -- I had this system for
quite a while before I even knew about that flag.

So: is there an easy way to find out if a package can
be removed from world because it is already in there
as a dependency or because of the profile?  I'd like
to pare world down to just the things that make a
difference.

++ kevin

--
Kevin O'Gorman, PhD