On 6/9/05, Zac Medico <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> You say the kernel messages indicate that the flash
> disk was recognized as sda so I'm not sure why it's
> not mounting for you.  I looked through
> linux/Documentation/kernel-parameters.txt and saw a
> "rootdelay" parameter.  With the modules I need a
> delay for the usb drivers to initialize.  Maybe you
> need that too.  Try rootdelay=5 or rootdelay=10 or
> something.
>
> Zac

Great call Zac! rootdelay=10 allowed me to boot from the flash drive
just fine. I still get absolutely no [OK] messages but the system
comes up, I can log in as root or mythtv. I cannot run mythfrontend
yet due to missing libraries and things, but it seems pretty fixable
so far. Thanks!

It's intersting that rc-update show shows all the right info but it
seems that possibly very few of the services are really starting.
However I do have networking so that's a start.

Thanks for doing the reading!

- Mark